If you’ve been hunting for a while, one of the many things you’ve learned so far is that you need to be silent and have a maximum range of movement while sitting you your ground blind. You do need to be patient when hunting as it may take you hours before you get to make that shot. And you do need to stay as comfortable as you can so that you don’t feel tired in the end.
A reliable hunting chair is going to help you stay ready and focus on making that shot, increasing your accuracy.
How many types of hunting chairs are out there?
Needless to say, there are many types of hunting chairs to choose from. It depends a lot on your budget, your hunting needs, and ambitions which hunting chair you’re going to select. There are at least four main categories to check, which can only make things a lot more complicated for selection.
Swivel hunting chairs are trendy nowadays, and one can only understand why it’s so. The incredible freedom of movement that they provide turns the swivel hunting chairs into dependable and highly versatile options, albeit many seem pricey for some.
Let’s not waste any more of your time and give you the description of some of the best options for hunting chairs. You get a visual help for selecting your chair later on.
Even though the swiveling function is fundamental, a hunting chair has to bring to the table a lot more than that for becoming an ideal choice.
Here’s what you should pay attention to when buying:
- Silent overall operation
- Smooth swiveling operation
- Efficient back support
- Comfortable cushioned seat
- Legs should be easy to adjust for uneven terrain since you need stability, no matter where you’re sitting.
- Ergonomic design for arms
- Several storage options in and around the chair
Along with these features, you also want the swivel hunting chair to be lightweight and easy to fold. Portability on your hunting gear is essential for your efficiency.
If you are going to buy a swivel hunting chair, read this article about some important things before buying one right here!
When a swivel hunting chair is too much for your budget and your hunting needs, a tri-legged seat can work as a better option.
You shouldn’t get cheap with it, nevertheless. Look for a model that presents at least some of the following features:
- It comes with a powder-coated steel frame. You want the stool to be tough enough to handle your weight (as high as 250 pounds)
- The material should also be strong and durable, taking the use for a long time. 600D polyester fabric can work for most hunters
- It should feature mesh storage pockets so that you can store your hunting gear
- It has to have webbing straps for more strength
- It comes with a carry strap attached to the tri-leg so that you can carry it without its shoulder bag. On the side note, look for a chair that comes with a shoulder bag for storage
- It has to fold friendly and smooth into a compact profile. The hunting chair has to be comfortable even in limited spaces.
If you’re looking for both a hunting chair and a tent, a tent chair ground blind seems like a reliable model to try.
Here are some of the aspects to pay attention to when buying:
- It should include both front and side zippered windows
- You want it to feature a mesh screen
- It has to be easy to set it up/takedown
- It needs to be spacious enough so that you can store your rifle and some shooting sticks
- It maintains a pleasant warmth inside and keeps the elements away from the inside
- It should come with a comfortable seat
- It has to be lightweight for effortless transportation
- The seams have the be very well done
- The zippers have to run smoothly and quietly
The tent chair is excellent for whitetail and turkey hunting too, and even you may need some time adjusting to its comfort.
Similar to the tri-legged hunting chairs, this type of hunting chairs is in the middles in terms of comfort, design, and functionality.
Let’s see the fundamental features you’d want with this kind of hunting chairs:
- It has to include a steel frame construction. Just because it’s simple, doesn’t mean it has to be less rugged. A steel frame build is going to withstand your body weight for a reasonable amount of time.
- The fabric has to be rough and weather-resistant. Not only that the stitching has to high-quality, but you also want the material to handle the elements, for better protection while you’re hunting
- Some storage options are always handy. Look for a chair that includes zippered gear pouches. Needless to say, the zippers need to be quiet and to run smoothly for a long time.
- It should have a great balance, no matter how uneven the terrain is.
- A horizontal crossbar on legs is going to improve the stability of the chair.
- It should be easy to fold and to have a compact profile once folded
- A carry-strap for straightforward transportation is always a useful feature.
Even if this kind of hunting chairs don’t usually come with a padded seat, you should focus on the efficient back support and all the other benefits it brings for your hunting experience.
5. A sniper chair for 360 shooting
It’s another swivel hunting chair to check, but it comes with some specific features. Go over the details you need to check when placing your order:
- It should provide silent movability
- It has to feature a comfortable and padded seat
- The armrests should be well placed and adjustable
- The back support is efficient and is made with high-quality foam
- You can adjust the back, reclining it by up to 50 degrees
- It lets you remove the armrests when the hunting scenario requires you to do so
- The legs are multi-position capable. You can adjust them so that the seat is level even if the terrain is uneven
- The rotation mechanism makes the seat revolve through a full 360 degrees. It rotates without making the slightest every single time.
For getting this kind of features, somethings got to give. Therefore, you shouldn’t expect this type of chair to be lightweight nor easy to carry around. However, many hunters are going to find it ideal for their hunting habits.
The final piece of advice
No matter which type of hunting chair you decide to choose, you should never go shopping on a thin wallet. A hunting chair is a fundamental piece of hunting equipment, and you don’t want to buy on every six months. Make sure you get one that is worth it!