Hunting is impressive, but it can also become pretty boring and tiring after some time. Carrying a portable hunting chair with you is going to provide you comfort and make the hunt a lot more interesting.
- 1 What features to look for in a portable hunting chair?
- 2 How does a deluxe blind chair look like?
- 3 A foldable hunting chair with a storage pocket!
- 4 What about a regular folding chair?
- 5 Is there such a thing as a mini portable hunting chair?
- 6 Can you find portable hunting for big guys too?
- 7 What’s the conclusion?
What features to look for in a portable hunting chair?
Obviously, foldable and collapsible design is fundamental for easy-to-carry hunting chairs, but here’s what you should also check:
- It collapses similar to an umbrella so that it becomes significant in just one dimension
- It folds so that it’s still thin when packed while remaining large in two dimensions
The collapsible design is a better choice for when you have to walk a long distance. You can find collapsible models that are so short when packed that you can attach them to a backpack. No matter the type of mechanism they have, a portable hunting chair is always a wise investment to make.
- The 360-degree swivel seat
A 360degree swivel seat is also a dependable model, and it works amazingly for hunting blinds with mesh on all sides.
The majority of portable chairs come with backrest, which only increases the level of comfort when you’re sitting down for many hours.
- Three or four legs
As for the style of the stool, some come with three legs, whereas others feature four legs. Either way, they should be lightweight and allow even hiking.
In order to reduce the risk of sinking into the soft ground, the portable hunting chairs come with wide feet.
- Adjustable feet
One of the most versatile models of hunting chairs is the one with adjustable legs, which provides the best stability on uneven ground.
Look for chairs made with powder-coated steel frame and polyester fabric for the seat. Some foam padding on the seat will make it more comfortable, whereas some mesh will ensure breathability.
How does a deluxe blind chair look like?
There’s no better way to talk about portable chairs but to describe some of the most common models out there.
Going over the details is going to help you imagine what they look like and if they’re an option for your hunt.
Here’s what a deluxe model designed for the blind hunt should be like:
- It has a sturdy powder-coated steel frame which handles weight up to 275lbs
- It comes with adjustable seat height so that it ensures comfort for hunters of various heights
- It features armrests, but they’re both removable and adjustable. Not all hunters like armrests or they’re not using them all the time
- The backrest should be broad so that the level of comfort is high
- The seat is a 360-swiveling model
- The swivel feet are large and easy to adjust separately. This way, you can obtain stability even on uneven surfaces, and the risk of sinking becomes low
- It comes with shoulder and compression strap for straightforward transportation.
- It weighs around 15lbs (give or take) so that it doesn’t add too much weight to your hunting equipment.
A foldable hunting chair with a storage pocket!
When you go hunting, it’s nice to have the comfort from home, with a cold beer within reach. You can find foldable hunting chairs that try to give it all. A hunting chair as such may come with the following features:
- It’s multifunctional and works for hunting and fishing too
- It features a storage pocket. The gear pouch under the seat is zippered for safer storage
- It’s made with 600D polyester fabric
- The fabric is weather-resistant and waterproof
- It’s a tough polyester that handles the wear and tears for a fair amount of time
- It comes with a folding, yet sturdy steel build
- It has built-in backrest for better comfort
- It’s made with high-intensity steel tube
- It’s stable and easy to set it up
- It may hold weight up to 22lbs
- It features a shoulder strap and weighs only 4lbs. Beat that!
What about a regular folding chair?
Should you look for something more simple, the market is generous too. Here’s what makes a regular folding hunting chair:
- It comes with arms for exceptional comfort (not removable nor adjustable)
- It has a low profile, which is excellent for a long time wait in a turkey hunt
- It features a powder-coated steel frame, handling weight up to 300lbs
- It weighs only 7lbs
- It has a compact folding design
- It comes with a carry bag for easier portability
Is there such a thing as a mini portable hunting chair?
The short answer is “yes,” and you should keep reading for the details on this type of chairs:
- It weighs less than 2lbs, so it’s incredibly lightweight and easy to carry around
- It opens and folds in a compact size, saving a lot of space
- It comes with a bag for increased portability. It fits your backpack just fine
- It’s made with 600D double Oxford Cloth and high-quality steel pipe
- The steel frame is sturdy, but lightweight and the chair has a maximum load weight of 220lbs
- It’s strong, durable, and comfortable despite its weight
- It’s highly versatile, and it’s reliable for many outdoor and indoor activities
Can you find portable hunting for big guys too?
Luckily for big hunters out there, the market gives them dependable and portable hunting chairs too.
Here’s what a portable hunting chair for big hunters would look like:
- It’s made with double layer and long-lasting 1680D Oxford. The material doesn’t wear and tear that easy
- It features padded armrests and anti-corrosion plug
- The fastened x-shape supports make the chair able of handling weight up to 330lbs
- It has an ergonomic and 105-degree reclining back support
- The legs present a rotatable duck foot design for increased stability. You can even use it at a beach
- It’s highly comfortable and supportive
- It features a cup holder and also a storage pocket (removable). You can use it to store your miscellaneous for easy access.
- It’s easy to fold and to carry in the carry bag.
- It’s great for hunting, fishing, camping, and other outdoor activities
- It even comes with 365-day limited manufacturer warranty
What’s the conclusion?
This type of chairs are high for hunting, but you shouldn’t just go ahead and buy the very first model you see when purchasing. Look carefully and decide which features count for you the most. After all, there’s plenty of fish in the sea!